Permanent, full-time posts (37.5 hours per week)
Location: Crewe and Macclesfield, Cheshire East.
Salary: £20,253 – £22,212 per annum
This requires the ability to work on a rolling rota basis covering days, evenings, weekends and occasional waking nights across our Housing Related Support provision across Cheshire East.
Emerging Futures’ greatest resource is its people, so we also offer our employees generous annual leave (26 days + bank holidays), training, pension, and other benefits.
We are looking to recruit passionate and enthusiastic Housing Project Workers who are able to engage and offer support to people who present with a range of complex needs, including poor health & wellbeing, low self-esteem, low levels of literacy, substance misuse issues, non-existent family relationships and who have difficulty forming and sustaining new relationships.
If you thrive on working in a rewarding environment and have a real desire to make a difference to people’s lives, this role could be for you!
This job is for you if…
- You are someone who is committed to our passion statement and shares in our belief in the potential of all individuals, and that empowering individuals to support each other leads to positive change; not only for themselves, but also for their communities
- You are passionate about improving the health and wellbeing of those experiencing homelessness and rough sleeping and can support complex individuals from first point of contact to resettling in their own home.
- You are fun, approachable, energetic, confident, warm, empathetic, ambitious, flexible, resilient, discreet, organised, and professional.
- You are passionate about promoting recovery, tackling homelessness, and working in collaboratively with partner agencies.
What you will be doing
- Supporting tenants to maintain their tenancy by providing hands on, practical help and advice across our network of shared, supported housing.
- Working with the Local Authority and other agencies to create move-on options and improve the health and wellbeing of tenants through direct 1-1 work.
- Supporting the development of recovery and employment initiatives for tenants across Cheshire East, working with local third sector and grass roots organisations, associations, and individuals.
- Supporting residents in financial planning and providing debt counselling and support where appropriate.
- Ensuring residents understand their tenancy agreement and their rights and obligations.
- Managing accommodation for individuals, enabling residents to access pathways to meet their more immediate needs before moving on to full independence, their own tenancies and meaningful activity.
Some of the skills, knowledge and experience you will have
- A keen and comprehensive awareness of homelessness issues, interventions and understanding specific ways to support tenants with ingrained and entrenched negative behaviours.
- Excellent all-round communication skills and the ability to manage relationships.
- An ability to undertake accurate and comprehensive assessments of need, identifying levels of risk, recovery potential and establishing immediate and longer-term recovery goals.
- An ability to work effectively with groups using a structured planned approach.
- Experience of working in or with adult social care services within the charitable, third or public sector.
- A flexible attitude towards your work and a knowledge of local services and geography in Cheshire East.
- Flexibility and access to transport as you may be required to visit other sites across Cheshire East.
- We welcome applications from people with lived experience; however, all employees are required to have an enhanced DBS.
How to apply
If you are interested in applying for either of these new and exciting roles within Emerging Futures, please send your Application Form or CV along with a covering letter detailing why you are suitable for the role to Samuel Raeburn, Business Administrator on the email provided.
We would be grateful if you could complete the Equal Opportunities Form attached along with your Application Form to help monitor the effectiveness of our recruitment practices and assess the success of different advertising methods in attracting applications.
This information is separated from the application and used for statistical purposes only. It will not be made available to anyone directly involved in the selection process.
If you would like to discuss the roles in more detail, please contact Samuel Raeburn on 07738 946796.
Interview dates to be confirmed.