Permanent, full time post (37.5 hours per week)
Salary £20,253 – £24,472
Emerging Futures greatest resource is its people, so we also offer our employees generous annual leave, pension and other benefits.
Emerging Futures are looking to recruit a committed Network Coach to join our Crawley Homeless Outreach team. You will work across all projects including recovery from substance misuse, Housing, and Street Homelessness. In partnership with Change, Grow, Live you will co-facilitate behaviour change programmes for those in recovery from substance misuse. Across the county of West Sussex, you will support individuals to transition into the community from structured treatment, detox, residential rehabilitation, and prison on behalf of Emerging Futures (EF) CIC.
You will contribute to the service to ensure that service users receive high quality services that adhere to the best practice guidelines, policies, and ethos of Emerging Futures. You will be responsible for contributing to the overall performance of the service to ensure that positive outcomes are achieved through working in an asset-based, collaborative, and pro-active manner
This job is for you if…
- You are someone who is committed to our passion statement and shares in our belief in the inherent capacity and potential of all individuals, and that empowering individuals to support each other leads to positive change; not only for themselves, but also for their communities.
- You are passionate about recovery and an advocate of asset-based, collaborative working practices from first point of contact, with a long-term vision to create hubs for sustained community development.
- You are fun, approachable, energetic, confident, warm, empathetic, ambitious, flexible, resilient, discreet, organised and professional.
- You are able to demonstrate that your personal ethos and work ethic mirrors the values of EF.
What you will be doing
- Supporting EF volunteer Recovery, Community and Family Coaches and other volunteers to deliver a range of recovery orientated treatment.
- Identifying aftercare pathways which assist service users in developing strong links with the greater community including mutual aid.
- Supporting local case managers in becoming aware of -and including- community recovery options in initial Recovery Care Planning to provide a clear, purposeful ‘end point’ for service users in the community upon discharge from structured treatment.
- Establishing professional, supportive relationships with those in recovery through brief interventions and case management to create opportunities for purposeful and sustained recovery in the community upon discharge from structured treatment.
- Creatively and actively identifying/mapping local assets and instigating partnership working opportunities across West Sussex to provide varied options and in turn empower service users to be autonomous through personal choice.
- Facilitating specific group work programmes in partnership with Change, Grow, Live
Some of the skills, knowledge and experience you will have
- An understanding/experience of recovery as a concept as well as the range of recovery pathways available in the community and support individuals to find their own pathway.
- Experience of client caseload management.
- An understanding of addiction and the impact on the family in order to support meaningful community engagement outside of structured treatment/criminal justice settings.
- Administration skills including using relevant IT systems such as Microsoft, CRiiS and InForm.
- Presentation skills for group work/Zoom and digital options.
- Empathy, compassion, patience, professionalism and understanding of peers and their support networks.
How to apply
Please find attached job description and person specification. If you are interested in applying for this new and exciting role within Emerging Futures, please send your Application Form or CV along with a covering letter detailing why you are suitable for the role to Camilla Causton, Service Administrator. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would like to discuss the role in more detail, please contact John Whiteley, Team Leader on 07885 866328 or email – email@example.com
We would be grateful if you could complete the Equal Opportunities Form attached along with your Application Form to help monitor the effectiveness of our recruitment practices and assess the success of different advertising methods in attracting applications.
This information is separated from the application and used for statistical purposes only. It will not be made available to anyone directly involved in the selection process.
Anticipated interview dates are to be confirmed.