Temporary, part time post (15.5 hours per week)
Location West Sussex
Salary £143 per week
Contract 12 months
Criteria This is a permitted earnings scheme and you must be in receipt of certain benefits to be eligible for this role
Emerging Futures greatest resource is its people, so we also offer our employees generous annual leave, pension, and other benefits.
Emerging Futures are looking to recruit a passionate and dedicated Network Coaches. You will provide pre and post detox support across West Sussex. You will work across all projects including supporting those in recovery from substance misuse, residents in our housing, and street homeless.
Across the county of West Sussex, you will support individuals to transition into the community from structured treatment, detox, residential rehabilitation, and prison on behalf of Emerging Futures (EF) CIC. The post holder will also identify recovery/wellbeing assets and resources within the wider community and support the development of self-sustaining community groups.
This job is for you if…
- You are someone who is committed to our passion statement and shares in our belief in the inherent capacity and potential of all individuals, and that empowering individuals to support each other leads to positive change; not only for themselves, but also for their communities.
- You are passionate about recovery and an advocate of asset-based, collaborative working practices from first point of contact, with a long-term vision to create hubs for sustained community development.
- You are fun, approachable, energetic, confident, warm, empathetic, ambitious, flexible, resilient, discreet, organised and professional.
- You are able to demonstrate that your personal ethos and work ethic mirrors the values of EF.
What you will be doing
- Identifying aftercare pathways which assist service users in developing strong links with the greater community including mutual aid.
- Supporting local case managers in becoming aware of -and including- community recovery options in initial Recovery Care Planning to provide a clear, purposeful ‘end point’ for service users in the community upon discharge from structured treatment.
- Actively supporting the involvement of families and support networks in service development and delivery.
- Establishing professional, supportive relationships with those in recovery through planning and brief interventions to create opportunities for purposeful and sustained recovery in the community upon discharge from structured treatment.
- Promoting local mutual aid groups, providing support where necessary to attend these groups including priming, peer support and in-reach/assertive linkage.
Some of the skills, knowledge and experience you will have
- An understanding/experience of recovery as a concept as well as the range of recovery pathways available in the community and support individuals to find their own pathway.
- Presentation skills for group work/Zoom and digital options.
- An excellent understanding of boundaries, confidentiality, and safeguarding risks.
- An understanding of addiction and the impact on the family in order to support meaningful community engagement outside of structured treatment/criminal justice settings.
- Empathy, compassion, patience, professionalism and understanding of peers and their support networks
How to apply
Please find below the full job description and person specification. If you are interested in applying for this new and exciting role within Emerging Futures, please send your Application Form or CV along with a covering letter detailing why you are suitable for the role to Camilla Causton, Service Administrator. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would like to discuss the role in more detail, please contact John Whiteley, Team Leader on 07885 866328 or email – email@example.com
We would be grateful if you could complete the Equal Opportunities Form attached along with your Application Form to help monitor the effectiveness of our recruitment practices and assess the success of different advertising methods in attracting applications.
This information is separated from the application and used for statistical purposes only. It will not be made available to anyone directly involved in the selection process.
Anticipated interview dates are to be confirmed.