Fixed term, full time post (37.5 hours per week)
Location Crewe, Macclesfield, Warrington and Halton
Salary £22,937 – £24,472
Contract Fixed term until November 2022
Emerging Futures greatest resource is its people, so we also offer our employees generous annual leave, pension, and other benefits.
Emerging Futures are looking to recruit a passionate and dedicated PSI Group Facilitator.
You will support the implementation of a psychologically informed environment across the service through a range of behavioural change workshops, including 1:1 psychosocial interventions and counselling. Our Foundations of Rehabilitation programme provides a positive, affirming environment where individuals can work together to generate hope and aspiration, develop their motivation, and create opportunities to make profound, positive, and enduring changes in their lives.
You will also work closely with partner organisations, team leaders, clinicians, social enterprises, education, and training providers to develop integrated, recovery infrastructures that engage, support, and navigate individuals from criminality, addiction, and vulnerability to established recovery in the community with sustainable alternatives to drug/alcohol misuse and crime.
You will be required to work flexibly across bases in the county in addition to working in the community.
This job is for you if…
- You are someone who is committed to our passion statement and shares in our belief in the inherent capacity and potential of all individuals, and that empowering individuals to support each other leads to positive change; not only for themselves, but also for their communities.
- You are passionate about recovery and an advocate of asset-based, collaborative working practices from first point of contact, with a long-term vision to create hubs for sustained community development.
- You are fun, approachable, energetic, confident, warm, empathetic, ambitious, flexible, resilient, discreet, organised and professional.
- You are able to demonstrate that your personal ethos and work ethic mirrors the values of EF.
What you will be doing
- Supporting specialist Rehabilitation Coaches and professional volunteers to co-deliver the Foundations of Rehabilitation programme including delivering, supervision, and training.
- Working with local communities, employers, and recovery communities to help the development and growth of local resources that support harm minimization, recovery, wellbeing, desistance, and employment.
- Delivering structured and ad hoc psychosocial interventions in both 1-1 and group settings.
- Working closely with our housing team to support pathways into our Rehabilitation Through Resettlement accommodation.
- Leading on establishing and maintaining strong relationships within our service and with community partners.
- Working closely with other CGL staff and partners to ensure people are adequately prepared and motivated to attend and succeed in all interventions offered.
Some of the skills, knowledge and experience you will have
- Experience of delivering psychotherapeutic groups to those contemplating change and sustained changes in drug and/or alcohol use, criminal behaviour, and social functioning.
- The ability to deliver 1-1 structured wellbeing interventions county wide.
- An excellent understanding of boundaries and risk.
- Knowledge of the drug and alcohol treatment system and evidenced based approaches.
- Experience of motivating and inspiring unpaid staff and establishing the values-based training and support they require to flourish both professionally and in their personal recovery journey.
- Ability to employ an empathetic and non-judgmental attitude demonstrating commitment to recovery for all.
- Good knowledge of IT systems, in particular MS Office and case management systems.
- Knowledge and ability to use harm reduction, motivational Interviewing, and relapse prevention techniques.
How to apply
Please find attached job description and person specification. If you are interested in applying for this new and exciting role within Emerging Futures, please send your Application Form or CV along with a covering letter detailing why you are suitable for the role to Victoria Duncan – Central Business Administrator. Email – email@example.com
We would be grateful if you could complete the Equal Opportunities Form attached along with your Application Form to help monitor the effectiveness of our recruitment practices and assess the success of different advertising methods in attracting applications.
This information is separated from the application and used for statistical purposes only. It will not be made available to anyone directly involved in the selection process.
If you would like to discuss the role in more detail, please contact Karen on 07703 836428.
Interview dates are to be confirmed.