Fixed term, part time post (15 hours per week)
Location Crewe, Macclesfield, Warrington, and Halton
Salary £143 per week
Contract Fixed term until November 2022
Criteria This is a permitted earnings scheme and you must be in receipt of certain benefits to be eligible for this role
Emerging Futures are looking to recruit passionate and dedicated Resettlement and Recovery Workers.
In this new and exciting role, you will be supporting our Housing Project Workers to provide Housing Related Support and recovery support to individuals with a history of failed accommodation placement, substance misuse and criminality. You will also be assessing need, preparing tenancy support plans, and supporting tenants to achieve their individual goals.
In partnership with Change, Grow, Live, you will support our Network Coaches to facilitate Foundations Of Rehabilitation and groups focused on the 5 ways to wellbeing. Across the county of Cheshire, you will support individuals to transition into the community from prison by identifying and utilising services within the area, with the aim of providing a holistic support package to those accessing the service.
You will be required to work flexibly across bases in the county in addition to working in the community.
This job is for you if…
- You are someone who is committed to our passion statement and shares in our belief in the inherent capacity and potential of all individuals, and that empowering individuals to support each other leads to positive change; not only for themselves, but also for their communities.
- You are passionate about recovery and an advocate of asset-based, collaborative working practices from first point of contact, with a long-term vision to create hubs for sustained community development.
- You are fun, approachable, energetic, confident, warm, empathetic, ambitious, flexible, resilient, discreet, organised and professional.
- You are able to demonstrate that your personal ethos and work ethic mirrors the values of EF.
What you will be doing
- Facilitating access to Mutual Aid, Asset Based Community Development and on-going Recovery Support.
- Working with local communities, employers, and recovery communities to help the development and growth of local resources that support harm minimization, recovery, wellbeing, desistance, and employment.
- Promoting local mutual aid groups, providing support where necessary to attend these groups including priming, peer support and in-reach/assertive linkage.
- Working closely with other CGL staff and partners to ensure people are adequately prepared and motivated to attend and succeed in all interventions offered.
- Ensuring residents understand their tenancy agreement, their rights and obligations and report any breaches to management.
- Supporting the implementation and management of systems to ensure residents are safe, meaningfully engaged and moving forward in their lives.
Some of the skills, knowledge and experience you will have
- Experience of providing a range of evidence-based interventions to individuals affected by homelessness, substance misuse and/or offending.
- An in-depth understanding and knowledge of the harmful effects associated with rough sleeping, homelessness, drug and alcohol misuse and offending in relation to health, social welfare, housing, employability and personal relationships.
- Excellent all-round communication skills and relationship management abilities.
- An excellent understanding of boundaries, confidentiality, and risk.
- Disengagement from treatment services for a minimum of 6 months.
- Passionate about improving health and wellbeing, recovery and an advocate of asset-based, collaborative working practices.
- Good knowledge of IT systems, in particular MS Office and case management systems.
- Knowledge and ability to use harm reduction, motivational Interviewing, and relapse prevention techniques.
How to apply
Please find attached job description and person specification. If you are interested in applying for this new and exciting role within Emerging Futures, please send your Application Form or CV along with a covering letter detailing why you are suitable for the role to Victoria Duncan – Central Business Administrator. Email – email@example.com
We would be grateful if you could complete the Equal Opportunities Form attached along with your Application Form to help monitor the effectiveness of our recruitment practices and assess the success of different advertising methods in attracting applications.
This information is separated from the application and used for statistical purposes only. It will not be made available to anyone directly involved in the selection process.
If you would like to discuss the role in more detail, please contact Amelia on 07376 326039.
Closing date the closing date for applications is 15th October 2021.
Interview dates are to be confirmed.