Emerging Futures is responsible for the delivery of the Prison Leavers Project across Cheshire East. Our teams provide dedicated rehabilitation-focus housing, intensive clinical psychological support and hospital lifestyle and tenancy support for those leaving the criminal Justice System.
Emerging Futures are looking for passionate and dedicated volunteers to join our team! As part of a Volunteer Rehabilitation Coach, you will take part in our 5 Day Accredited Coach Training and go on to support individuals towards desistance, increased resilience, and wellbeing with the goal of living successful lives free of addiction and offending. You will use your experience and expertise to engage with men on their journey to rehabilitation – providing a positive example of lived recovery and change. Accompanying ‘Connecting Communities Coordinators’ to HMP Altcourse, you will also engage with men while in prison and ‘through the gate’.
This job is for you if…
- You are someone who is committed to our passion statement and shares in our belief in the inherent capacity and potential of all individuals, and that empowering individuals to support each other leads to positive change; not only for themselves, but also for their communities.
- You are passionate about recovery and an advocate of asset-based, collaborative working practices from first point of contact, with a long-term vision to create hubs for sustained community development.
- You are fun, approachable, energetic, confident, warm, empathetic, ambitious, flexible, resilient, discreet, organised and professional.
- You are able to demonstrate that your personal ethos and work ethic mirrors the values of EF.
What you will be doing
- Supporting the delivery of the Foundations of Rehabilitation behaviour change programme across the project.
- Working closely with our housing team to support pathways into our Rehabilitation Through Resettlement accommodation.
- Promoting the message of hope, recovery capital, visible assertive linkage, collaborative working and meaningful reintegration into the community including engagement with mutual aid opportunities.
- Providing structured and ad hoc 1-1 support to those leaving the Criminal Justice System.
Some of the skills, knowledge and experience you will have
- An understanding/experience of substance misuse issues/offending specifically recovery as a concept
- Disengaged from treatment services for a minimum of 6 months.
- Ability to maintain professional boundaries and work effectively within a team and with other professional from partnership agencies.
- An understanding of addiction and the impact on the family to support meaningful community engagement outside of structured treatment/criminal justice settings.
- A clear understanding of confidentiality.
- Ability to obtain an enhanced DBS certification upon appointment.
- The confidence, enthusiasm, and articulation to clearly explain and promote the services provided by Emerging Futures CIC and CGL to the wider general public and other agencies.
How to apply
Please find attached role description and person specification. If you are interested in applying for this new and exciting opportunity to volunteer within Emerging Futures, please send your Application Form to Katie Barnes – Team Leader. Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would like to discuss the role in more detail, please contact Katie on 07722 152995
Anticipated interview dates are to be confirmed.