As an Emerging Futures Volunteer Coach, you will work across all projects within the Leeds IOM contract.
In partnership with Change Grow Live, you will facilitate behaviour change programmes for those involved with criminal justice services. Across the City of Leeds, you will support individuals to transition into the community from prison on behalf of Emerging Futures (EF) CIC.
You will contribute to the service to ensure that service users receive high quality services that adhere to the best practice guidelines, policies, and ethos of Emerging Futures. You will be responsible for contributing to the overall performance of the service to ensure that positive outcomes are achieved through working in an asset-based, collaborative, and pro-active manner.
This job is for you if…
- You are someone who is committed to our passion statement and shares in our belief in the inherent capacity and potential of all individuals, and that empowering individuals to support each other leads to positive change; not only for themselves, but also for their communities.
- You are passionate about recovery and an advocate of asset-based, collaborative working practices from first point of contact, with a long-term vision to create hubs for sustained community development.
- You are fun, approachable, energetic, confident, warm, empathetic, ambitious, flexible, resilient, discreet, organised and professional.
- You are able to demonstrate that your personal ethos and work ethic mirrors the values of EF.
What you will be doing
- Facilitating specific group work programmes in partnership with Change Grow Live.
- Identifying pathways which assist service users in developing strong links with the greater community including mutual aid and employment services.
- Promoting the message of hope, recovery capital, visible assertive linkage, collaborative working and meaningful reintegration into the community including engagement with mutual aid opportunities.
- Providing structured and ad hoc 1-1 support to those leaving the Criminal Justice System.
- Actively supporting the involvement of families and support networks in service development and delivery.
Some of the skills, knowledge and experience you will have
- An understanding/experience of substance misuse issues/offending specifically recovery as a concept
- Ability to maintain professional boundaries and work effectively within a team and with other professional from partnership agencies.
- A clear understanding of confidentiality.
- Ability to obtain an enhanced DBS certification upon appointment.
- The confidence, enthusiasm, and articulation to clearly explain and promote the services provided by Emerging Futures CIC and CGL to the wider general public and other agencies.
How to apply
Please find attached role description and person specification. If you are interested in applying for this new and exciting opportunity to volunteer within Emerging Futures, please send your Application Form to Michelle Burgess
If you would like to discuss the role in more detail, please contact Michelle on 07376 331898.
Anticipated interview dates are to be confirmed.