Permanent, full time post (37.5 hours per week)
Location Home Based with requirement to work flexibly and travel as required.
Salary £29,558 – £30,978 per annum
Emerging Futures greatest resource is its people, so we also offer our employees generous annual leave, pension and other benefits.
Emerging Futures is a fast-growing, community interest company delivering housing and health and social care treatment services across England. As a result of its growth (income currently at c£5m pa), we are looking to recruit an exceptional and experienced Finance Officer to develop the Finance function to enable it to support the work of the organisation and provide the necessary financial control of the business.
You will be experienced at working in a busy, fast growing organisation, providing a broad range of administrative tasks, including financial accounting administration, managing payables, receivables, petty cash, banking, payroll, dealing with pensions and other related financial matters.
You will be based at home, reporting to and working closely with the Finance Director (based in Hove, East Sussex).
Our Passion Statement
At Emerging Futures, we believe that everyone has the potential to change, grow and learn and to achieve the best they can in everything they do. We know it takes courage and commitment to change, which is why we have a passion statement, rather than a mission statement. To us, being passionate means:
- celebrating success and achievement
- creative and daring enough to innovate
- determined to persist when things get tough
- brave enough to say when something isn’t good enough
- humble enough to accept and learn from criticism
- willing to take responsibility for making things better
Above all, being passionate means having the desire to nurture, facilitate and empower others to reach out with hope to achieve their full potential.
This job is for you if…
- You are self-motivated and able to work autonomously.
- You are someone who is committed to our passion statement and shares in our belief in the inherent capacity and potential of all individuals, and that empowering individuals to support each other leads to positive change; not only for themselves, but also for their communities.
- You are passionate about delivering a high-quality finance function to support the needs of the business.
- You are fun, approachable, confident, empathetic, ambitious, flexible, resilient, discreet, organised and professional.
- You are able to demonstrate that your personal ethos and work ethic mirrors the values of EF.
What you will be doing
- Managing all Purchase Ledger and other payable functions.
- Managing and processing bank transactions.
- Liaising with our external payroll bureau and internal staff teams to ensure payroll, pensions and expenses are processed efficiently and effectively.
- Liaising with and providing reports/information to relevant agencies including HMRC, Pensions, the Bank and Insurance companies.
- Managing and reporting the Sales Ledger/Receivables and managing credit control.
Some of the skills, knowledge and experience you will have
- At least 5 years’ experience working in a similar role within an SME organisation.
- Experience working with accounts packages and/or sufficient experience to learn Emerging Futures systems quickly (currently Sage).
- Skilled in using Microsoft Office, in particular Word and Excel.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively at all levels across the organisation.
- Sound numeracy and literacy skills.
- Ability to respond quickly to the demands of the post and to work accurately under pressure and to deadlines.
- Experience and ability to work with financial and non-financial staff.
- A flexible approach to your work with a willingness to travel as required.
How to apply
Please find attached job description and person specification. If you are interested in applying for this new and exciting role within Emerging Futures, please send your CV along with a covering letter detailing why you are suitable for the role to Chris Hill, Finance Director. Email – email@example.com
Closing date the closing date for applications is 5pm on Friday 5th June 2020.