Permanent, part time post (16 hours per week)
Location Hatfield and Broxbourne, Hertfordshire
Salary £22,937 – £24,472 pro rata
Emerging Futures greatest resource is its people, so we also offer our employees generous annual leave, pension, and other benefits.
Emerging Futures are looking to recruit a passionate and dedicated Housing Project Worker. You will be providing housing and recovery support to people who have a history of substance and/or alcohol issues engaging with CGL – Spectrum Substance Misuse Service and who are experiencing accommodation problems.
Working within a Psychologically Informed Environment you will be responsible for identifying individuals appropriate for recovery housing locally and managing the referral and assessment pathway.
You will work closely with CGL Spectrum, local Emerging Futures recovery housing provision, partner organisations, housing, welfare and education and training providers to develop integrated, recovery infrastructures that engage, support, and navigate individuals from the vulnerability of addiction to established wellbeing and meaningful activity in the community.
You will be required to work weekends covering both Hatfield and Broxbourne projects.
Our Passion Statement
At Emerging Futures, we believe that everyone has the potential to change, grow and learn and to achieve the best they can in everything they do. We know it takes courage and commitment to change, which is why we have a passion statement, rather than a mission statement. To us, being passionate means:
- celebrating success and achievement
- creative and daring enough to innovate
- determined to persist when things get tough
- brave enough to say when something isn’t good enough
- humble enough to accept and learn from criticism
- willing to take responsibility for making things better
Above all, being passionate means having the desire to nurture, facilitate and empower others to reach out with hope to achieve their full potential.
This job is for you if…
- You are someone who is committed to our passion statement and shares in our belief in the inherent capacity and potential of all individuals, and that empowering individuals to support each other leads to positive change; not only for themselves, but also for their communities.
- You are passionate about recovery and an advocate of asset-based, collaborative working practices from first point of contact, with a long-term vision to create hubs for sustained community development.
- You are fun, approachable, energetic, confident, warm, empathetic, ambitious, flexible, resilient, discreet, organised and professional.
- You are able to demonstrate that your personal ethos and work ethic mirrors the values of EF.
What you will be doing
- Providing specialist housing related support to individuals identified within CGL Spectrum
- Managing the referral and assessment pathway between referral partner and Emerging Futures community recovery housing.
- Providing tenancy sustainment support to reduce the likelihood of eviction and homelessness
- Completing financial planning with residents including rent collection and monitor non-payment of rent and act in line with the agreed policy and procedures. Provide debt counselling where appropriate.
- Providing a range of structured and opportunistic psychosocial interventions to prevent relapse or promote sustained and improved wellbeing.
- Completing incident, accident reporting and safeguarding reporting.
Some of the skills, knowledge and experience you will have
- Housing management or experience of working in a residential setting with those with a history of substance misuse.
- Key Worker based case management of individuals with a variety of complex needs and ability to lone work.
- Knowledge of local services and relevant interventions to support and sustain recovery.
- An understanding and knowledge of the harmful effects associated with drug and alcohol misuse and offending in relation to health, social welfare, housing, employability, and personal relationships.
- Knowledge of the benefit system and applying for benefits in a keyworker role
- Passionate about improving health and wellbeing, recovery, and an advocate of asset-based, collaborative working practices.
- A clear understanding of confidentiality and boundaries.
How to apply
Please find attached job description and person specification. If you are interested in applying for this new and exciting role within Emerging Futures, please send your Application Form or CV along with a covering letter detailing why you are suitable for the role to Amber Rogers – Housing Administrator. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We would be grateful if you could complete the Equal Opportunities Form attached along with your Application Form to help monitor the effectiveness of our recruitment practices and assess the success of different advertising methods in attracting applications.
This information is separated from the application and used for statistical purposes only. It will not be made available to anyone directly involved in the selection process.
If you would like to discuss the role in more detail, please contact Daley on 07535 815508
Closing date the closing date for applications is 14th May at 5pm.