This requires the ability to work on a rolling rota basis covering days, evenings and weekend across our Housing Related Support provision in Crewe, Cheshire East.
Emerging Futures greatest resource is its people, so we also offer our employees generous annual leave, pension and other benefits.
Emerging Futures are looking to recruit a number of Project Workers to work within our Housing Related Support Complex Needs and No First Night Out (NFNO) Housing Services in Crewe. This is demanding, challenging and rewarding work as many of our people present with a range of complex characteristics including poor health & wellbeing, low self-esteem, low levels of literacy, substance misuse issues, non-existent family relationships and difficulty forming and sustaining new relationships. We are looking for people who can engage with this group and make a real difference.
Emerging Futures Housing Related Support is informed by both harm reduction and ‘Housing First’ principles and is driven operationally via a culture of values based, passionate leadership.
Emerging Future’s work has a measurable impact on people’s lives and strengthens communities. We reduce the demand for health and social care services, including Primary Care, Hospital Care, Community and Mental Health Services and work closely with ‘blue light’ services across the Local Authority.
This job is for you if…
- You are someone who is committed to our passion statement and shares in our belief in the inherent capacity and potential of all individuals, and that empowering individuals to support each other leads to positive change; not only for themselves, but also for their communities.
- You are passionate about improving the health and wellbeing of those experiencing homelessness and rough sleeping and can support complex individuals from first point of contact to resettling in their own home.
- You are fun, approachable, energetic, confident, warm, empathetic, ambitious, flexible, resilient, discreet, organised and professional.
What you will be doing:
- Working flexibly on a rota basis, some roles may involve covering evening shifts, waking nights, and weekends within across our Cheshire East housing network.
- Providing housing and tenancy support to people who have a history of failed accommodation placement, substance and/or alcohol misuse, criminality and challenging behaviour.
- Working within Psychologically Informed Environments to case manage individuals residing in projects providing both opportunistic and structured interventions.
- Working closely with partner organisations, clinicians, social care providers, ETE providers and the community to develop integrated, recovery infrastructures that engage, support and navigate individuals from the vulnerability of homelessness to established wellbeing and meaningful activity.
- Managing accommodation for individuals, in our NSNO and complex units delivering opportunities to residents to access a pathway to meet their more immediate needs before moving on to full independence, their own tenancies and meaningful activity.
- Working with a blend of Housing First and harm reduction techniques, you will be assessing need, preparing tenancy support plans and supporting tenants to achieve their individual goals.
Some of the skills, knowledge and experience you will have:
- A passion for promoting recovery, tackling homelessness and advocating and working in an asset-based, collaborative way.
- Experience of managing or working in adult social care services within the charitable, third or public sector.
- Experience of developing partnerships and working collaboratively with other organisations.
- A keen and comprehensive awareness of homelessness issues, interventions and understanding specific ways to support tenants with ingrained and entrenched negative behaviours.
- A flexible attitude towards your work and a knowledge of local services and geography in Cheshire East.
- We welcome applications from people with lived experience; however, all employees are required to have an enhanced DBS.
How to apply
If you are interested in applying for this new and exciting roles within Emerging Futures, please send your Application Form or CV along with a covering letter detailing why you are suitable for the role to Victoria Duncan, Housing & Finance Administrator.