Part Time Posts/Permitted Earnings
Location Worthing and across West Sussex
Flexibility Requires ability to work on a rota basis covering late nights and weekends:
Emerging Futures are looking to recruit Housing Project Workers to work within our women’s wellbeing house in Worthing. This is demanding, challenging and rewarding work as many of our people present with a range of vulnerable characteristics including poor health & wellbeing, low self-esteem, low levels of literacy, substance misuse issues and difficulty forming and sustaining new relationships.
Emerging Futures Housing Support is informed by both harm reduction and abstinence principles and is driven operationally via a culture of strength-based values, passionate and supportive leadership.
Emerging Future’s work has a measurable impact on people’s lives and strengthens communities. We reduce the demand for health and social care services, including Primary Care, Hospital Care, Community and Mental Health Services and work closely with ‘blue light’ services across Local Authorities.
This job is for you if…
- You are someone who is committed to our passion statement and shares in our belief in the inherent capacity and potential of all individuals, and that empowering individuals to support each other leads to positive change; not only for themselves, but also for their communities.
- You are passionate about improving the health and wellbeing of those in contact with the criminal justice system and can support complex individuals from first point of contact to resettling in their own home.
- You are fun, approachable, energetic, confident, warm, empathetic, ambitious, flexible, resilient, discreet, organised and professional.
What you will be doing
- Working flexibly on a rota basis, some roles may involve covering evening shifts, working nights, weekends across our West Sussex network.
- Providing housing and tenancy support to people who have a history of failed accommodation placement, substance and/or alcohol misuse, criminality and challenging behaviour.
- Working within Psychologically Informed Environments to case manage individuals residing in projects providing and supporting structured interventions.
- Working closely with partner organisations, clinicians, social care providers, ETE providers and the community to develop integrated infrastructures that engage, support and navigate individuals to established wellbeing and meaningful activity.
- Managing accommodation for individuals to support residents to access a pathway to meet their needs before moving on to full independence, their own tenancies and meaningful activity.
Some of the skills, knowledge and experience you will have
- A passion for working with people within the criminal justice system, promoting recovery, tackling homelessness and advocating and working in an asset-based, collaborative way.
- Experience of managing or working in adult social care services within the charitable, third or public sector.
- Experience of developing partnerships and working collaboratively with other organisations.
- A keen and comprehensive awareness of homelessness issues, interventions and understanding specific ways to support tenants with engrained, entrenched negative behaviours.
- A flexible attitude towards your work and a knowledge of local services and geography across West Sussex.
- Full driving licence and access to a car.
How to apply
- Please find attached a job description and person specification for the role. If you are interested in applying for this role within Emerging Futures, please send your Application Form or CV along with a covering letter detailing why you are suitable for the role to Kev Hennings, EF Service Manager.