Permanent, full time post (37.5 hours per week working night shifts)
Location Macclesfield, Cheshire East
Salary £22,509 – £23,221
Emerging Futures greatest resource is its people, so we also offer our employees generous annual leave, pension, and other benefits.
Emerging Futures are looking to recruit Housing Project Workers to support our Housing Related Support contract across Cheshire East. The overall aim of the project is preparing individuals to move on and supporting tenants to achieve their individual goals, always ensuring the safety and wellbeing of Emerging Futures residents.
Based in one of our accommodation projects in Crewe or Macclesfield, you will provide Housing Related Support to people who have a history of failed accommodation placements, substance and/or alcohol misuse, homelessness, criminality, and often challenging and negative behaviours. You will be responsible for the care and wellbeing of the tenants and the health and safety of the building. You will also be responsible for dealing with issues that arise with tenants, helping with case coordination of individuals residing in the project and the provision of both opportunistic and structured interventions.
The role requires working waking nights, (including weekends) on a rota basis.
This job is for you if…
- You are someone who is committed to our passion statement and shares in our belief in the inherent capacity and potential of all individuals, and that empowering individuals to support each other leads to positive change; not only for themselves, but also for their communities.
- You are passionate about recovery and an advocate of asset-based, collaborative working practices from first point of contact, with a long-term vision to create hubs for sustained community development.
- You are fun, approachable, energetic, confident, warm, empathetic, ambitious, flexible, resilient, discreet, organised and professional.
- You are able to demonstrate that your personal ethos and work ethic mirrors the values of EF
What you will be doing
- Ensuring the safety of all tenants and service users and maintain awareness of risks and changes in the working environment and contribute to the maintenance and monitoring of health and safety and security policies, systems and protocols
- Monitoring the provision of housing services (heating, cleaning, provision of furniture etc.).
- Implementing and managing systems to ensure residents are safe, meaningfully engaged and moving forward in their lives.
- Ensuring Cheshire East services are accurately reported through the relevant systems, INFORM and/or CRIIS
- Dealing with issues and complaints raised by tenants, visitors and local residents. In line with Emerging Futures complaints processes.
- Ensuring residents understand their tenancy agreement, their rights and obligations and report any breaches to management
- Collecting and recording rent and other incomes received by tenants
Some of the skills, knowledge and experience you will have
- Experience of working collaboratively with other organisations and individuals.
- An excellent understanding of boundaries, confidentiality, and risk.
- Experience or an understanding of housing management or working in a residential setting with those with complex needs including challenging and/or negative behaviours
- An understanding and knowledge of the harmful effects associated with rough sleeping, homelessness, drug, and alcohol misuse and offending in relation to health, social welfare, housing, employability and personal relationships
- Good team skills and demonstrable experience in report writing and incident reporting
- Excellent all-round communication skills and relationship management abilities.
How to apply
Please find attached job description and person specification. If you are interested in applying for this new and exciting role within Emerging Futures, please send your Application Form or CV along with a covering letter detailing why you are suitable for the role to Sarah Nelson.
We would be grateful if you could complete the Equal Opportunities Form attached along with your Application Form to help monitor the effectiveness of our recruitment practices and assess the success of different advertising methods in attracting applications.
This information is separated from the application and used for statistical purposes only. It will not be made available to anyone directly involved in the selection process.
If you would like to discuss the role in more detail, please contact Sarah on 07592 503 755 .
Anticipated interview dates are to be confirmed.