Permanent, full time post (37.5 hours per week)
Location Cheshire East
Salary £22,937 – £24,472
Emerging Futures greatest resource is its people, so we also offer our employees generous annual leave, pension and other benefits.
Emerging Futures are looking to recruit a passionate and dedicated group worker to join our team who are responsible for the delivery of CGL’s dynamic community-based rehabilitation and harm reduction programme.
You will be responsible for supporting individuals towards recovery, increased resilience, and wellbeing with the goal of living successful lives free of addiction. We will also be supporting individuals and families through their specialist recovery and family coaching models.
You will also support the implementation of a psychologically informed environment across the service under the umbrella of the Foundations of Recovery programme. The programme provides a positive, affirming environment where individuals can work together to generate hope and aspiration, develop their motivation, and create opportunities to make profound, positive, and enduring changes in their lives.
You will be required to work flexibly across bases in both Crewe and Macclesfield CGL in addition to working in the community.
Our Passion Statement
At Emerging Futures, we believe that everyone has the potential to change, grow and learn and to achieve the best they can in everything they do. We know it takes courage and commitment to change, which is why we have a passion statement, rather than a mission statement. To us, being passionate means:
- celebrating success and achievement
- creative and daring enough to innovate
- determined to persist when things get tough
- brave enough to say when something isn’t good enough
- humble enough to accept and learn from criticism
- willing to take responsibility for making things better
Above all, being passionate means having the desire to nurture, facilitate and empower others to reach out with hope to achieve their full potential.
This job is for you if…
- You are someone who is committed to our passion statement and shares in our belief in the inherent capacity and potential of all individuals, and that empowering individuals to support each other leads to positive change; not only for themselves, but also for their communities.
- You are passionate about recovery and an advocate of asset-based, collaborative working practices from first point of contact, with a long-term vision to create hubs for sustained community development.
- You are fun, approachable, energetic, confident, warm, empathetic, ambitious, flexible, resilient, discreet, organised and professional.
- You are able to demonstrate that your personal ethos and work ethic mirrors the values of EF.
What you will be doing
- Delivering the Foundations of Recovery programme across Cheshire East.
- Working with local communities, employers, and recovery communities to help the development and growth of local resources that support harm minimization, recovery, wellbeing, desistance, and employment.
- Delivering structured and ad hoc psychosocial interventions in both 1-1 and group settings.
- Working closely with other CGL staff and partners to ensure people are adequately prepared and motivated to attend and succeed on the Foundations of Change programme.
- Ensure that the programme supports outcomes in a range of domains including harm reduction, wellbeing, social connectivity, employment, self-management, self-care, and psychological flexibility.
- Support volunteers and coaches to co-deliver the programme including delivering supervision and training.
Some of the skills, knowledge and experience you will have
- Experience of delivering psychotherapeutic groups to those contemplating change and sustained changes in drug and/or alcohol use, criminal behaviour, and social functioning.
- Knowledge of the drug and alcohol treatment system and evidenced based approaches.
- Ability to employ an empathetic and non-judgmental attitude demonstrating commitment to recovery for all.
- Experience of effective, purposeful, and active partnership working.
- The ability to deliver 1-1 structured wellbeing interventions county wide.
- Knowledge and experience of mindfulness-based practice and interventions.
How to apply
Please find attached job description and person specification. If you are interested in applying for this new and exciting role within Emerging Futures, please send your Application Form or CV along with a covering letter detailing why you are suitable for the role to Victoria Duncan, Central Business Administrator. Email – firstname.lastname@example.org.
We would be grateful if you could complete the Equal Opportunities Form attached along with your Application Form to help monitor the effectiveness of our recruitment practices and assess the success of different advertising methods in attracting applications.
This information is separated from the application and used for statistical purposes only. It will not be made available to anyone directly involved in the selection process.
If you would like to discuss the role in more detail, please contact Katie Barnes on 07722 152995
Closing date the closing date for applications is 30th April 2021.
Anticipated interview dates are to be confirmed.